Thursday 25 September 2014

Why I Am Not Marrying A Christian Man

Just to quickly clear things up, i am definitely getting married to an amazing man who truly loves me like Christ loves His church. He might not be perfect but he is working to becoming a better man daily as i am too. He is a leader and all other good stuff. He constantly puts God before me and for that I am truly blessed.
So why am i not marrying a Christian?

Photo courtesy of Jay Muia Photography

In the past few weeks, i have had the pleasure of sitting at the feet of many women and got to learn from their past experiences and insights on the ‘M’ word….Marriage. One of my most memorable advice was......."Joy, don’t get married to a Christian man. Marry a man who loves the Lord and put Him first above you. Marry a man who doesn't just sit at the church pew on Sunday but one who serves the Lord with the gifts endowed to him. Let him have his eyes fixed on Christ and constantly aims to bring glory to the Lord”
At first I was a bit sceptical. This sounded like one of those definition of a ‘busy’ Christian. Then it later dawned to me, my friend was right. Why?
A man who is in constant communion with the Lord has taken that first step to know him intimately and love on him. I realised that I wanted a man who has a relationship with the Lord and not just based on the name Christian but rather someone who has an active relationship with Him.
If I marry a man based on a job-it can fade, on money-it can leave, on looks-they actually fade away however if I marry him based on His love for Jesus, then Nothing is Impossible.

Lord work on me as i pray for him

Kindly note that as I expect this of him it should also be the same of me. Am i just a ‘pew’ Christian or am I using what God gave me to serve Him and bring Him glory. Does my relationship-my first ministry, embody the expectations that Christ has of me.





10 comments:

  1. great article, i fully concur with you, if a man cannot communicate with God how can he be able to lead the family? he must be the priest in the house and he has to be making atonement for the family Galatians 3:17

    www.thecherriesv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bible says that a wise woman continuously builds her home, A foolish one destroys it with her own two hands. From what i can see, you will be very good at building yours. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy, Great thoughts! I ask permission to quote you on a document am working on to inspire believers into active disciple making and growth to maturity resulting in service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, sorry for the late reply, of course you can. Glory to God

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful piece there...Great great insight to everyone

    ReplyDelete
  5. ....Am i just a ‘pew’ Christian or am I using what God gave me to serve Him and bring Him glory. Does my relationship-my first ministry, embody the expectations that Christ has of me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am glad you got some insight. May God bless you.

      Delete